Level 3 Diploma in Science
If you are interested in a career in applied science and want a course that combines both theory and practical skills, this course could be for you. It offers an excellent foundation for progress into further study at university or science-based employment.
This is a Study Programme course which, if successful, leads to the 90 credit qualification over one year and progression to the full 180 credit qualification over 2 years. The curriculum evolves every year but we try to include unusual and stimulating classes that link into your learning. For instance, this year’s students got up close and personal with moon rocks and meteorites.
Subjects you study include:
- Fundamentals of Science
- Working in the Science Industry
- Scientific Investigation
- Scientific Practical Techniques
- Perceptions of Science
12 Specialist units such as:
- Mathematical Calculations for Science
- Using Statistics in Science
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Physiology of Human Regulation and Reproduction
- Microbiological Techniques
- Practical Chemical Analysis
- Medical Physics Techniques
- Chemical Laboratory Techniques
- Diseases and Infections
- Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
- Chemistry for Biology Technicians
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Biomedical Science Techniques
Other learning opportunities include:
- Practical and work related skills
- Projects and assignments based on the units you are taking
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C in the old grading system) or above including Science and either English or maths (or both).
Relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit Level with GCSE/Level 2 in English & maths. If you have a Pass grade you will complete an additional assessment to check course suitability.
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
June 19, 2019 17:00 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.