Academy of Sport at Coventry CollegeFootball Academy
Our Football Academy is designed for those aged 16-18 who have aspirations to combine football alongside their academic studies.
The Academy enables ambitious, talented students to combine their sporting development with academic studies.
Kickstart your career
Our programmes focus on developing knowledge of the sporting industry to prepare learners for either playing professionally or working in the industry in another capacity.
As a member of the academy, you’ll benefit from top-class coaching and support alongside state-of-the-art facilities at the Alan Higgs Centre.
You’ll benefit from:
- A strong focus on your academic studies with the opportunity to develop your football skills
- Training sessions including strength and conditioning, game analysis, fitness testing
- Regular competitive matches
- A qualified coaching and support team with a wealth of experience
- The opportunity to develop work experience and employability skills in their chosen study programme area
- Training in state-of-the-art facilities at the Alan Higgs Centre, which includes 3G outdoor pitches, 3G indoor dome pitch, strength and conditioning gyms, 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and analysis rooms.
Latest News and Events from the Academy
Head of Rugby and Academies Manager, Pete Glackin, has landed himself an additional role at Birmingham Moseley.
One of Coventry College’s most promising rugby talents has taken another step towards stardom after making his first senior appearance for one of the UK’s best-known rugby clubs.
A Coventry teenager is living the American dream after being selected to represent Great Britain at his favourite sport.