Academy of Sport at Coventry CollegeBasketball Academy
Our Basketball Academy is designed for ambitious and talented learners, aged 16-18 who have aspirations to combine professional basketball training and competitive games with their academic studies.
We’re delighted to have partnered with Coventry Tornadoes to deliver the programme.
Kickstart your career
Our programmes focus on developing knowledge of the sporting industry to prepare learners for either playing professionally or working in the industry in another capacity.
You’ll benefit from:
- A strong focus on your academic studies with the opportunity to develop your basketball skills
- Training sessions including strength and conditioning, game analysis, fitness testing
- Regular competitive matches in the Association of Colleges Basketball League
- A qualified coaching and support team from Coventry Tornadoes
- The opportunity to develop work experience and employability skills in their chosen study programme area
- Training in state-of-the-art facilities at the Alan Higgs Centre, which includes newly renovated basketball courts, strength and conditioning gyms, 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and analysis rooms.
- The chance to obtain coaching, referee and table officiating qualifications, providing a fantastic opportunity to support local clubs in the community.
About Coventry Tornadoes
Coventry Tornadoes is the largest basketball club in the Coventry area with over 400 members, 17 teams and competes in local, regional and national leagues.
The basketball club has supported and developed players through their player pathway while representing their country and currently have two England Basketball players and one competing for Wales Basketball in the club.