Academy of Sport at Coventry CollegeBasketball Academy
Our Basketball Academy is designed for ambitious and talented learners, aged 16-18 who have aspirations to combine professional basketball training and competitive games with their academic studies.
We’re delighted to have partnered with Coventry Tornadoes to deliver the programme.
Kickstart your career
Our programmes focus on developing knowledge of the sporting industry to prepare learners for either playing professionally or working in the industry in another capacity.
You’ll benefit from:
- A strong focus on your academic studies with the opportunity to develop your basketball skills
- Training sessions including strength and conditioning, game analysis, fitness testing
- Regular competitive matches in the Association of Colleges Basketball League
- A qualified coaching and support team from Coventry Tornadoes
- The opportunity to develop work experience and employability skills in their chosen study programme area
- Training in state-of-the-art facilities at the Alan Higgs Centre, which includes newly renovated basketball courts, strength and conditioning gyms, 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and analysis rooms.
- The chance to obtain coaching, referee and table officiating qualifications, providing a fantastic opportunity to support local clubs in the community.
About Coventry Tornadoes
Coventry Tornadoes is the largest basketball club in the Coventry area with over 400 members, 17 teams and competes in local, regional and national leagues.
The basketball club has supported and developed players through their player pathway while representing their country and currently have two England Basketball players and one competing for Wales Basketball in the club.
Simply make an application for a Sport programme and you’ll be invited to a trial day for our Academy of Sport. If you’re considering another programme you can still become part of the Basketball Academy. For more information, you can also email [email protected]
Sport at Coventry College
Find out more about what you’ll study on our Level 2 and Level 3 Sports programmes.
Latest News and Events from the Academy
Jamal Gask-Clarke, a 17 year old student on the Coventry College Education Programme in partnership with Wasps Academy, has been invited to take part in the England 7s Academy Talent Identification Camp 2019.
A programme which is the first of its kind in Coventry and will help develop the next generation of female rugby players has been launched.
Head of Rugby and Academies Manager, Pete Glackin, has landed himself an additional role at Birmingham Moseley.
One of Coventry College’s most promising rugby talents has taken another step towards stardom after making his first senior appearance for one of the UK’s best-known rugby clubs.
A Coventry teenager is living the American dream after being selected to represent Great Britain at his favourite sport.
Jack studied in Coventry College's Rugby Education Programme and has gone on to land a semi-professional contract with Birmingham Moseley Rugby, competing in National League 1.
Coventry College student Jack Redhead has been named in the Under-17 Great Britain American football team
Coventry College students Harry English and Alex Hawkswood helped youngsters at Eastern Green Junior School in Coventry advance to the next round of the Engage Rugby Competition
Rugby Academy learner Jack is set to start for the GB American Football team and talks to us about how his college programme has been the perfect preparation for his future career