At Coventry College we provide a dedicated careers service to make sure our learners are informed on all aspects of careers and to support them every step of the way with their career journey.
All learners are helped to develop the skills, knowledge, sense of identity, confidence, and resilience needed to achieve a positive and sustainable progression into their chosen career.
The College provides information, advice and guidance on all aspects of careers including choosing a course, applying for higher education, looking for employment, writing a CV and preparing for interviews.
Learners at Coventry College have access to and are offered support with:
- Careers guidance interviews and Careers Drop-ins
- Help with CV writing, completing application forms, preparing for interviews, and vacancy searching
- Specialist information and advice about apprenticeships
- Information and advice about college programmes
- Information about careers, employability and enterprise
- Support from staff to help you make well informed, realistic decisions about your future
- Personal Statement drop-ins for those students who are applying to university
- Careers, employability and enterprise books in the Learning Resources Centre which are updated annually
- Higher Education prospectuses in the Learning Resources Centre which are updated annually
In addition, learners will be invited to attend events throughout the year to support their progression such as Higher Education fairs, careers shows, Higher Education talks delivered by guest university speakers and progression events in the local area.
During the year, learners will also receive tutorials about:
- Career planning
- UCAS registration and process (level 3 learners)
- Writing UCAS personal statements
Our Careers Clinics give you the opportunity to discuss your options and receive general careers advice, information about college programmes, employment pathways and much more.
These appointments are open to current and prospective learners and anyone outside the college is also welcome to book a slot.
Our Clinics take place every Monday and Thursday afternoon (2pm-4.30pm) at our City campus. You can book a slot below.
We look forward to supporting you with your career journey.