Into Employment: Teaching Assistant
- Course Overview
- Entry Requirements
- Course Fees
Into Employment training programmes are designed to support local residents, aged 19+, who may be; unemployed, economically inactive or lack basic work-related skills. As part of the programme you’ll gain essential workplace skills via job-related training. There will also be a strong focus on job interview techniques and CV writing.
At the end of the programme, you’ll have gained the skills and knowledge to be interviewed for a specific job role with the employer you’ve completed your training with.
The course is 6 weeks in length, consisting of:
- A minimum of 3 weeks face to face delivery in College.
- 1 week work experience placement
- An interview with Smile Education
Upon the successful completion you’ll achieve:
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Employability skills, such as; CV writing and interview techniques
The programme is suitable for those aged 19 and over.
This programme is fully-funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority.
To be eligible you must:
- Be 19+ years old
- Live in the West Midlands
- Be on a low wage below £30,000 or unemployed.
Need careers advice?
We can help you get the advice and guidance you need. From choosing the right programme, developing your CV, further study options and career planning.