Sessional Learning Support Practitioners
Starting Rate: £9.23 to £10.37 per hour + Holiday Pay
- Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of young people –do you enjoy learning and would like to support others to succeed with their studies?
- Are you keen to work in a stimulating, fast moving college with a huge emphasis on providing holistic support for all our students – so that they achieve their dreams?
- Are you flexible, responsive, quick- thinking and a really good listener who can link into the needs of students and work with them to develop their literacy, numeracy and thinking skills?
If so, we have exciting opportunities for Learning Support Practitioners to join our Learner Services Team on a sessional basis.
LSPs work with teachers to support individuals or small groups of students, including students with neuro-diverse profiles such as dyslexia, autism and ADHD.
You may be working with young people or adults, and to be successful in this role you will need to be an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and personal skills.
Ideally, you will need to have relevant experience within the field of education and training. If however, you are a recent graduate with a love of learning, have a fine grasp of study skills and are passionate to help others develop their skills- you could be a great asset to our team!
You will also need to have the following qualification as a minimum:
- Level 2 Maths and English Qualifications
- Relevant qualification /training in a SEND related discipline –ASC, SpLD or SLCN
Application closing date: Friday 29th January 2021 at 23:59pm
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
View the full job description and person specification here.
To apply, follow the link below:
If you have any queries on the role or how to apply, please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 02476 791590.
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.