Vacancy: Lecturer in Maths
Salary: £24,421 to £35,460 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
37 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has become available in the Maths team at Coventry College. We are looking for inspiring and innovative individuals to teach Maths up to GCSE Level. You will be qualified at degree in a subject related to Maths and have relevant teaching experience. A Level 5 specialism in teaching maths in advantageous. You will be familiar with the current issues and challenges within FE.
We are an ambitious College and provide a supportive working environment. If you are a team player with a flexible approach, are committed to excellence and are able to inspire learners to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Lecturer in Maths, you should:
- Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Maths
- Hold a Level 2 qualification in English
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification or be willing to work towards one
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching maths up to GCSE as a minimum within a teaching/training environment
- Ability to use effectively within own teaching practice a range of teaching and learning methods, including Assessment for Learning, Blended Learning and Information Learning Technology
As a Lecturer you will benefit from:
- Free on-site parking
- An excellent pension scheme (LGPS) with defined benefits
- Generous holiday allowance/pay of 39 days annual leave plus 8 days statutory bank holidays.
- Discounted hair/barbering/beauty treatments at our on-site Salon
- On-site refectory
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous Employee Benefits discount scheme
- Free will writing service
Download the job description and person specification
- Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post
- Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2023 at 23:59
- CVs will not be accepted
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.