Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery
Salary: £24,137 to £34,421 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Are you ready for your next challenge in Further Education? Do you have a passion for education with plenty of enthusiasm to develop and inspire the next generation?
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to join the STEM faculty, teaching on a range of carpentry and joinery courses.
As a Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery you should:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in carpentry or equivalent subject
- Relevant teaching qualification or willing to work towards one
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification, or equivalent competency, in Maths
- and English or willingness to achieve in a specified timescale
- Have achieved or the willingness to work towards Assessor/Verifier qualifications (A1/V1).
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching carpentry to level 3 as a minimum within a teaching/training environment Ability to methodically plan student progress and record effectively.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to teach a range of topics within specified subject area
As a Lecturer you will benefit from:
- Annual staff recognition awards
- 39 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- A good pension scheme (TPS)
- Access to CPD
Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Full Job Description can be found here.
You can apply for this role on FE Jobs.
If you have any queries on the role or how to apply, please contact HR on [email protected] or 02476 791594.
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.