Estates Trades Specialist x 3 (with specialism in carpentry /mechanics /plumbing)
Salary: £24,858 per annum
37 hours per week
Coventry College strives to ensure a welcoming, efficient and safe environment for all learners, staff and visitors across the campus. To support in achieving this, the College is looking to add to it’s Estates team with highly skilled and motivated trades specialists in a variety of specialisms: carpentry/mechanics/plumbing.
The successful candidates will be highly skilled and will undertake maintenance duties in their relevant specialism, including planned preventative maintenance (PPM) as well as reactive maintenance tasks, supporting Estates facilities management across the College campus.
As a skilled Trades Specialist, holding a recognised qualification in your area of expertise, and with a minimum of 3 years relevant maintenance experience working in a similar role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of undertaking and completing maintenance tasks including day-to-day repairs, fault diagnosis, providing planned maintenance, installation and minor improvements to the building fabric to a high standard in your field of expertise
- Experience of delivering consistently high levels of customer service
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Health & Safety procedures whilst carrying out your duties to ensure compliance, good industry-standard practice and to meet the Estates’ Department schedule of inspection.
As an Estates Trades Specialist at Coventry College, you will benefit from:
- Generous leave allowance of 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- A good pension scheme (LGPS)
- Access to CPD
- Annual staff recognition awards
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check if you are successful.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted
Full Job Description can be found here.
To apply follow this link
If you have any queries on the role or how to apply, please contact HR on [email protected] or 02476 791594.
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.