Coventry College’s September Guarantee
Coventry College is committed to ensuring that all prospective learners secure a place with us as part of the government’s September Guarantee pledge.
We’re committed to:
- Ensuring all learners will continue to receive the appropriate learning delivery through to the end of the summer term.
- All full-time learners will receive an enhanced transition programme at the start of the new academic year to ensure that they are able to successfully move on with
- Young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET) will be supported directly through college focussed programmes and with specialist help
- Adult provision will be reconfigured to focus on areas of need and to support more flexibilities in the way adults may wish to study.
- Unemployed adults, recently made redundant will have access to an expanded range of redeployment programmes to return to employment.
- Learners progressing to higher education will be able to access an optional transition programme to support their next steps.
- We will create a single access point to support employers looking to recruit new employees.
In addition to the above Pledge, Coventry College has made a number of changes/commitments specifically for school leavers:
- Coventry College has adapted its admissions processes to enable school leavers to apply remotely. Applicants who submit an application to the College for a September 2023 start will be given automatic conditional offers. For applicants with an EHCP there is a consultation process.
- School leavers can receive support with their application by booking a place an an Application Session. There’s also information about our application process on our How To Apply page.
- We will be considering entry qualifications and requirements on an individual basis – pupils do not need to worry about their expected grades when applying to Coventry College. Although we can not guarantee a place on a learner’s preferred programme, we are offering a place at the College to all applicants and will assess the levels and subject areas during the enrolment period.
- We recognise that some young people will have been absent from education for some time. The College will be providing a significantly different induction to college life, including support to improve study and engagement skills and assess appropriate starting points, without relying solely on prior achievement. We want to ensure that young people are fully prepared for college life.
- Any school leavers interested in applying to the College but wishing to find out more information should attend one of our Open Events.
- For those learners who have already submitted an application, our Applicant Hub is an area set up exclusively for existing applicants. This area of the website has information which outlines all of our support services, campus information, subject specific information and success stories. In addition, this area provides an outline of the next steps for all applicants.
- All applicants who have accepted their offer of a place at Coventry College will receive further information on how to enrol onto their programme.
- All applicants continue to receive keep-warm messages from Coventry College.
- All careers advisers have a dedicated area on our website which provides contact details for our School Liaison Officer, information on the admissions process and other helpful materials to download.
- Parents and carers can visit our dedicated Parent and Carer page on our website.