- The following rules govern all competitions conducted by Coventry College. They will be deemed incorporated in each competition, except to the extent there are any instructions specific to the particular competition, in which case the latter will prevail.
- By participating in the competition, entrants hereby agree to be bound by these rules, as amended from time to time, and by any specific competition instructions. Entrants acknowledge that any failure to comply with these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given or any opportunity for challenge provided.
- Entrants may only win one prize in a monthly period. If an entrant wins twice in a monthly cycle, a second winner will be selected.
Competitions are organised by Coventry College, Henley Road, Coventry CV2 1ED.
You can contact us in relation to this and any other competitions at the above address or by emailing us at [email protected]
- The competition is only open to UK residents.
- All competitions are open to entrants aged 18 or over unless any other age restriction is specified or implied. Where entrants are required to enter in one of several age categories, the applicable category shall be that appropriate to their age on the closing date of the competition. [An entrant should, if under 18, obtain permission in advance from his/her parent or guardian and provide evidence of this permission to Coventry College’s satisfaction].
- Employees,volunteers, contractors of Coventry College, or any person directly or indirectly concerned in the organisation of the competition or determination of the winner may not enter this competition, nor may any direct family members of the above.
- Coventry College reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Coventry College in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected using the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted in accordance with the competition instructions by no later than midnight (GMT or BST) on the closing date.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Coventry College accept no responsibility or liability for entries that are not received, lost or delayed in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
- Unless otherwise stated, Coventry College accepts no responsibility for the return of entries, photographs or other materials submitted as part of a competition or for loss or damage to such items. Where Coventry College offers to return entries, the entrant must provide a suitable self-addressed envelope together with the appropriate postage. Under no circumstances does Coventry College accept responsibility for the safe return of any material or its return in an undamaged condition or any liability for loss of or damage to such material.
- Except where it is expressly stated, all competition entries will be examined, and the prize or prizes will be awarded to the entry/ entries Coventry College consider to be the best or on the basis of some other fair mechanism. Otherwise, the winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the competition closes from the total entries submitted. Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority stated in the rules of the particular competition. Coventry College’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be selected fairly and at random and will be notified in the manner and within the time specified in the competition instructions. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the instructions may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Where necessary, in order to determine an outright winner or winners to a competition, Coventry College reserve the right to request entrants to take part in an eliminating contest or tie breaker. Where for any reason there are more winners than prizes on offer, Coventry College reserve the right to conduct a simple draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative to prizes will be offered.
- If the winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason or in the event that time is of the essence and a winner cannot be contacted by Coventry College within a reasonable period, Coventry College reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- For the avoidance of doubt, where a prize remains unclaimed for more than 30 days after the announcement of the winner of the competition, it shall be deemed to have been forfeited and Coventry College reserves the right to offer the prize to the entrant whose name is next drawn at random.
Publicity and Data Protection
- Winners will be asked to cooperate with Coventry College’s reasonable requests and directions to publicise their win as Coventry College deem appropriate should they be required to participate in promotional activities.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK Data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party save where permitted by such legislation, for example with the individual’s prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained for a reasonable period after the competition closes in order to assist Coventry College to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the competition.