Sector-Based Work Academy Programmes
Sector-Based Work Academy Programmes (SWAP) enable businesses to create a skilled workforce and also support the unemployed by helping them to re-train and apply for jobs in different sectors.
The programmes are designed to help businesses meet their immediate and future needs and help them to grow by recruiting a workforce with the appropriate skills.
Each SWAP is flexible and they are suitable for young people and jobseekers over 18.
SWAPs are usually six week programmes with three main components:
- Pre-employment training matched to the needs of your business sector
- Work experience placement – giving your business the opportunity to identify talent
- A guaranteed job interview or help with an employer’s recruitment process.
At Coventry College, we are delivering a range of SWAPs to help jobseekers gain experience and skills in different sectors including Care, Customer Service and Business.
As well as work placements, anyone signing up for the programmes will also be expected to attend our College’s City campus.
Our latest Sector-Based Work Academy Programme in Care has been a huge success!
We’d like to congratulate our learners for successfully completing this programme which has opened up exciting employment opportunities for them.
I really enjoyed the course and would like to thank the College for providing some much needed positivity, joy, openness and diversity through the programme.
I’ve left the college on a high, I’m feeling very good and positive about myself and this just shows you should never think you’re too old to be employed.
I’ve now lined up some voluntary work at an Enterprise Club and I’ve also registered myself online as a volunteer to support and befriend people.”
Starting: April 12, 2021 (9:15am)
This six week programme is designed to help job seekers gain entry into working in Care with a local employer, enabling them to apply for roles including Adult Health Care Workers and Care Assistants
Include a two week work experience placement with a Leading Care provider and a local employer where job interviews will be offered subject to successful attendance and completion of the programmes.
- Applicants should have English and Maths qualifications ideally, but additional support will be provided
- Aged 18 or over
- Have access to a PC or laptop with camera
Attendance at the College’s City campus (CV1 5DG)
SWAPs can benefit your business by:
- Fulfilling your recruitment needs
- Enabling you to spot new talent
- Identifying skills gaps in your business
- Providing pre-employment training
- Developing opportunities for existing employees
Find out more information and guidance for employers about SWAPs.