Apprenticeships are a great way to develop a skilled and committed workforce.
Whether recruiting new talent or up-skilling your existing staff, apprenticeships offer a cost-effective method of recruitment and training and allow you to develop the employee’s skills in line with your business needs.
Apprenticeships are available across a number of industries and for many different roles. Programmes are developed in partnership with the employer offering maximum flexibility to meet your specific business needs.
Apprenticeships bring together on-the-job training and study, resulting in a recognised qualification for the employee.
Recruiting an Apprentice
Recruiting an apprentice is an investment in the future of your business.
It is a cost-effective way of harnessing new talent. It gives employers the opportunity to shape employees learning in line with their company’s values and train them in the skills necessary for success in their business.
By bringing together practical and technical learning, study and invaluable workplace experience, apprenticeships create leaders of the future.
We also offer a FREE recruitment service to help you find the best candidate for your role.Contact our Business Development Advisors
Upskilling your team
Training existing staff increases productivity and staff loyalty.
Apprenticeships to upskill existing staff are available at a range of levels meaning you can work with the training provider to develop the perfect programme to fit the employee. Apprenticeships are available to people of all ages and are offered at a range of levels, from intermediate to degree level, meaning you can choose a programme to fit your staff.
With constant developments across all industries, it is important to continue to develop your workforce and ensure you are nurturing the skills needed to succeed and prosper. Investing in your staff in this way will motivate them and increase their productivity.Contact our Business Development Advisors
At Coventry College, we understand that every business is different. This is why we will work in partnership with you to understand your business. Once we identify your skills gaps and business needs, we can build a bespoke, tailored programme for the role you need to fill. We have the tools and the people necessary to help your business prosper.
We will ensure you see a real return on investment and get the benefits you are looking for from an apprenticeship programme.
When you take on an apprentice through Coventry College, you will benefit from:
- A dedicated Business Development Advisor who will act as your single point of contact throughout the process.
- Free recruitment service which involves:
- An initial meeting to establish your needs, requirements and understand the type of individual you are looking for
- In partnership with you, we will develop an effective job description outlining specifications needed for the role
- We will pre-screen candidates to ensure all individuals who are offered an interview are suitable for the role
- Help organising interviews and liaising with candidates
- You will have access to a talented pool of candidates ensuring you can find someone with the ideal skills-set and attitude for your business
Upskilling staff through Coventry College is cost-effective and flexible. We offer a range of training including class-based, work-based and distance learning at a range of levels.
If you are an SME with an annual pay bill of less than £3 million, and therefore not a levy-paying employer, you can co-invest with the Government in the cost of training and assessing your apprentices.
- If you are an employer with less than 50 members of staff and take on an apprentice aged 16-18 years old, you are entitled to a £1000 grant and the training is FREE
- If you are an employer with less than 50 members of staff and take on an apprentice aged 19 plus, you will have to contribute 10% towards training fees
- If you are an employer with more than 50 members of staff but do not contribute towards the Levy you have to contribute 10% towards training fees for all apprentices
- If you are an employer with a Levy account all fees will be agreed and taken from your account; if you are a levy-payer, please contact us and we can help you to manage and optimise your training fund.
“Tracy (the College Assessor) has been absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. Tracy has been professional from day one and the support she has given to ensure my two staff members have completed their qualification on time has been incredible.
Tracy is a real credit to your company and I cannot thank her enough for her efforts over the past 18 months. It is my last day at ByBox on Friday 12th but I will be strongly recommending that my new company looks at running with an apprenticeship programme, and this is purely on the back of the fantastic experience that Tracy has provided us as a business.”
ByBox Field Support Limited
We have been very impressed with the service you have provided – both with the promptness and speed you have dealt with any queries/requests we have had to the introduction of the calibre of applicant to meet our business needs. The professionalism and expertise shown by you and your colleagues has meant doing business with you has been uncomplicated and stress free!
Bredon Avenue Doctor’s Surgery