Vacancy: Curriculum Manager – Engineering & Motor Vehicle
Salary: £38,751 to £42,349 per annum (market forces supplement may be considered for the right candidate)
Hours: 37 per week
Coventry College is a dynamic and vibrant College at the heart of the historic City of Coventry. Working in partnership with the Local Authority, schools, universities, employers, the Local Enterprise Partnership, the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the West Midlands Combined Authority, we strive to provide the education and opportunities which the local economy needs in a demand-led environment. As a trusted and reliable partner, and with a clear strategy to deliver the vocational programmes that serve the communities and businesses of Coventry, Coventry College is a highly rewarding place to work.
Coventry College is benefitting from a significant investment in its facilities and curriculum offer to further enhance its reputation as one of the fastest improving Further Education Colleges in the country. Additional investment in electric vehicle technology, the construction centre and digital skills infrastructure is ensuring that our provision remains at the forefront of innovation and is highly responsive to the needs of local businesses.
The College is focused on ensuring learners progress onto careers and/or relevant higher education in order to retain them in this fast-paced city to improve the skills of the local workforce.
The Engineering and Motor Vehicle Department is central to the priorities of Coventry College and its ambition to be the College of choice for learners and employers in the region. The department has a diverse curriculum offer, from practical mechanical engineering motor vehicle skills-based programmes to programmes designed to support learners into Higher Education or Degree Apprenticeships. The department boasts excellent facilities and is committed to help fill the skills shortages in the region and tap into the talent within the City, including through the expansion of its adult programmes.
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a dynamic individual to join the College as the Curriculum Manager for this crucial area of provision. The successful individual will have excellent leadership skills and will support the existing staff in maintaining the high standards expected of its learners. They will have experience of curriculum development and the proven ability to support the diverse range of programmes on offer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable successful course and curriculum development experience.
- Experience in the application of quality improvement and assurance processes, including internal verification.
- Minimum of a Level 3 qualification in in relevant subject area
- Teaching experience in the relevant subject area
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a team
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification, or equivalent competency in
- Numeracy/Maths, Communication/Literacy or willingness to achieve in a specified timescale
The post is full time for 37 hours per week, however the successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to their hours of work.
As a Curriculum Manager you will benefit from:
- Free on-site parking
- An excellent pension scheme (TPS) with defined benefits
- Generous holiday allowance/pay of 39 days annual leave plus 8 days statutory bank holidays.
- Discounted hair/barbering/beauty treatments at our on-site Salon
- On-site refectory
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous Employee Benefits discount scheme
- Free will writing service
- Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post
- Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2023 at 23:59
- CVs will not be accepted
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.