Level 5 Operations/Department Manager Apprenticeship
The Level 5 Operations/Department Manager Apprenticeship is suitable for someone who manages teams and/or projects, and works towards achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisations strategy. You are accountable to a more senior manager/business owner.
Subjects you may cover:
- Understand operational management approaches and models, including creating plans to deliver objectives and setting KPIs.
- Understand business development tools (e.g. SWOT), and approaches to continuous improvement
- Understand operational business planning techniques, including how to manage resources, development of sales and marketing plans, setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Know how to set up and manage a project using relevant tools and techniques, and understand process management. Understand approaches to risk management.
- Understand business finance: how to manage budgets, and financial forecasting.
- Understand different leadership styles, how to lead multiple and remote teams and manage team leaders
- Know how to manage multiple teams, and develop high performing teams.
- Understand approaches to partner, stakeholder and supplier relationship management including negotiation, influencing, and effective networking
- Understand time management techniques and tools, and how to prioritise activities and the use of different approaches to planning, including managing multiple tasks.
- Able to input into strategic planning and create plans in line with organisational objectives.
GCSEs in Maths and English at a Grade C/4 and above or equivalents
This qualification is suitable for individuals who have prior knowledge and experience of being a manager.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.