Level 5 HND in Film (Creative Media Production)
The moving image industry in the UK is worth a staggering £4.13bn making the video industry one of the UKs biggest industries, along with further career opportunities in other areas of the Creative Arts there are plenty of options for you to make an impact on the world. With Coventry winning City of culture and £100,000 per year being poured into west midlands screen projects, this could be the start of your journey into an exciting and evolving industry in Coventry.
We have industry standard equipment, our lecturers all have first-hand experience of working in the Film and TV industries. The college continues to invest in equipment, facilities and training to ensure we keep up to date with the demands of industry.
Year 1 will cover:
- Individual Project (pre-set)
- Creative Media Industry
- Professional Practice
- Film Studies
- Film Practices
- Editing for Film and TV
- Television Studio Production
- Single Camera Techniques for Television
Year 2 will cover:
- Scriptwriting for film and television
- Collaborative Project (pre-set)
- Personal Professional Development
- Advanced Film production studies
- Producer and Director for television production
How you will be assessed
Each unit is graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. You need to pass all of your units to achieve each year of the qualification. Your overall grade is awarded at the end of your second year and will be calculated based on your second year’s achievements.
- 48 UCAS points with a minimum of Grade D from at least one A Level
- BTEC National Diploma with Pass, Merit
- BTEC Extended Diploma with Pass, Pass, Pass
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma with Distinction
- Access Diploma: Pass
- Applications from Advanced Apprenticeships are welcomed
This course costs £5,900.00.
Length of study:
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.