Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in CMI Management & Leadership
This qualification is for the development of the role and skills of managers. The aim of this qualification is to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of skills in managing people.
Subjects you may cover include:
- Personal development as a manager and leader
- Information based decision making
- Managing team and individual performance
- Practices of resource management
- Meeting stakeholder and quality needs
- Conducting a management project
- Organisational financial management
- Conducting marketing
- Project development and control
- Planning for development
- Managing recruitment, selection and induction
- Being a leader
- Leadership practice
- Introduction to management and leadership
- Operational risk management
- Organisational corporate social responsibility
A final project which will be decided with the support of your assessor.
At the end of the course, you will gain a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership qualification. You can then progress onto CMI Level 7 Leadership and Management.
College attendance will be required for master classes.
You will receive regular workplace assessments in order to assess competency and you will sit a number of exams during the length of your programme. You will be required to submit written assignments and to sit functional skill Level 2 English and maths if you do not have Grade 4 (C) or above.
Length of study:
Henley & City
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
Our Open Events are a chance for you to come and see what Coventry College is all about!
You’ll have the opportunity to talk to course tutors, have a go at some taster activities and explore our fantastic facilities.