Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship
As a Level 4 Network Engineer apprentice you will be responsible for designing, installing and maintaining communication networks within an organisation or between organisations. You will need to maintain high levels of operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for their users. By the end of the apprenticeship you will understand network configuration, cloud, network administration and monitoring tools and be able to give technical advice and guidance.
Subjects you may cover include:
• Designing simple networks from a well-defined specification and applying appropriate security products and processes
• Installing and configuring network components including switches routers and fire walls
• Integrating network related software into an existing network environment
• Monitoring, testing and adjusting network systems and performance to meet accepted standards using diagnostic tools analysers and other equipment
• Understanding and applying the applied maths required to be a network engineer (e.g. algorithms, data, binary, probability, and statistics)
• Understanding and responding to security threats, firewalls and vulnerabilities
• Responding to business issues relating to network engineering
A levels; a Level 3 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications; relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths.
Level 2 maths and English will need to be achieved prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.