Level 3 Technical Certificate in Childcare & Education
This qualification is a good choice for you if you are looking to progress to the Technical Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator).
It is also suitable if you wish to progress to Higher Education and are studying the Certificate as part of a wider programme of study.
Completion of this qualification will equip you with knowledge, understanding and skills across a range of key subject areas, for example:
- The stages and sequences of child development
- Children’s needs in relation to emotional and physical well-being
- The role of the early years practitioner in maintaining a healthy and safe environment for children
- Safeguarding children and child protection
- Theoretical approaches to play and learning
- The role of play in relation to children’s learning and development
- Working in partnership to meet children’s additional needs
- Child observation and assessment.
Completion of this qualification is achieved through a mixture of classroom based learning and experience in a Real Work Environment. It can usually be completed in one year.
We work with a number of Early Years settings across the City and have developed a mock Learning environment within our provision.
Progression from this course is varied and can provide a pathway into the following qualifications and job opportunities:
You can progress into various supervised job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as (this list is not exhaustive):
- practitioner in day nurseries
- practitioner in nursery schools
- practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- pre-school worker
- home based childcare
GCSE grade 4 English
GCSE Grade 4 maths (desired)
This course is free If you live in the West Midlands Combined Authority area. To be eligible for this funding you must be 19+ years old and live in the West Midlands, on a low wage below £18,135 or unemployed.
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.