Level 3 Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship
As a level 3 senior production chef you will be responsible for leading a team or supporting a head chef in larger organisations. Typically working in environments such as schools, hospitals, care homes, pub kitchens and casual dining restaurants; you will have accountability for the running of day to day kitchen service, producing monitoring and maintaining constant food standards and legislative requirements during all stages of production and supply.
Subjects you may cover:
• Supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed and standardised recipes and menus
• Supervise the production of dishes to ensure that they meet dietary requirements
• Complete monitor and maintain food safety management systems
• Identify training needs across all kitchen personnel
• Maintain the operating catering budget by using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste
• Support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue and profit margins
• Promote positive customer experience
• Lead team briefings and meetings
GCSEs in Maths and English at grade 4/C and above or equivalent.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who have prior knowledge and experience of working within the hospitality and catering environment
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.