Level 3 Personal Trainer Apprenticeship
The role of a Personal Trainer is to coach clients on a one to one and small group basis towards their health and fitness goals. Through the design and provision of creative and personalised exercise programmes and instruction, nutritional advice and overall lifestyle management, Personal Trainers will motivate clients to positively change their behaviour and improve their overall wellbeing by providing specialist, tailored advice within their scope of practice, while always being aware of when to refer clients to relevant appropriate professionals for specialist information and guidance (e.g. physiotherapist, registered dietician, medical specialist).
Subjects you may cover:
- Ability to apply appropriate methods and techniques to facilitate clients’ desired physiological goals.
- Understand the range of factors that contribute to an individual’s lifestyle such as dietary intake, stress, fatigue, alcohol and levels of physical activity.
- Design, tailor and coach an effective exercise programme, using appropriate equipment. Continuously monitor and review the effectiveness of the exercise programme to ensure it is engaging, varied and progressive to clients’ needs and goals, whilst following the principles of training and exercise science.
- Correctly demonstrate a wide range of exercise techniques, carry out reviews and advise clients on their performance and apply suitable adaptations for those at different levels of fitness.
- Understand the principles of nutrition including current government guidelines, as well as evidence- based recommendations for nutritional strategies for a range of fitness goals such as weight management, fat loss, hypertrophy, sports performance.
- Provide a high standard, client focused service through excellence in the fitness environment and application of best practice such as injury prevention and risk management.
GCSEs in English and Maths at grade C/4 and above or equivalents
This qualification is suitable for individuals who already have prior knowledge and experience of working in the sporting environment