Level 3 Diploma in Uniformed Public Services
This is a Study Programme course which, if successful, leads to the 90 credit qualification over one year and progression to the full 180 credit qualification over 2 years.
This is a course specifically designed for students who are looking for a future in either of the Uniformed Public Service or go on to University.
There will be elements of the course that involve Public Service role play scenarios, fitness testing, adventurous activities and outdoor expeditions. So, if you are up for a challenge and enjoy being taken out of your comfort zone, this is the course for you.
The course will be a practical and theory based course designed to develop key skills and subject knowledge. You will study BTEC units at level 3 in the following subject areas:
- Government Policies
- Leadership in the public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Service
- Fitness Testing in the Uniformed Public Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Life for the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Land and Water based Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- The impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism
- Responding to Emergency Service incidents
- Command and Control
- Police Powers in the Public Service
- Exercise Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity
The course is based on continual assessment with each of the BTEC units being compiled via an online portfolio and with individual assignments making up the grades at pass, merit or distinction level. The assessment methods will vary from individual written work, to group presentations and practical assessments.
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C in the old grading structure) or above including one in English or maths.
Relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit Level with GCSE/Level 2 in English & maths. If you have a Pass grade you will complete an additional assessment to check course suitability.
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.