Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
This qualification is for you if you already working in the hairdressing/barbering industry and want to gain new skills to widen your client base. This course will enhance your career progression within the hair/barbering industry in unisex salons, barber shops, cruise liners and competition work.
As part of this course you will be engaged in creative competitions both in-house and externally as well as visiting exhibitions and trade shows.
You will be studying:
- Creatively cutting hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- Providing shaving services
- Designing and creating patterns in the hair
- Providing face massage services
- Providing specialist hair and scalp treatments
- Providing hairdressing consultation services
- Promoting additional services or products to clients
- Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
You will be assessed on a range of practical skills and knowledge which will be delivered through blended learning.
This course requires a level 2 barbering qualification. You will also be required to take a trade test.
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.