Level 3 Certificate In Personal Training
This is an Active IQ course.
The Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training is a very popular course and is allocated 20 CPD points. It gives you the knowledge and skills to work with individuals and groups of clients in a gym environment.
The course will allow entry on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) at Level 3 and the skills to work as a Personal Trainer in the UK or overseas.
The aim of the course is to develop your existing knowledge and skills in Gym Instruction and Personal Training.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- The skills to assess a clients’ current health and fitness status and how to gather and analyse client information through client consultations
- How to plan and conduct a physical activity session, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- The knowledge and skills to be able to communicate effectively to build successful relationships with your clients and other health care professionals
- The knowledge and skills to be able to manage, evaluate and improve performance
- The knowledge to be able to offer nutritional advice for physical activity based on your clients’ needs
The course is offered using a blended learning approach where you will be expected to undertake at least 6 weeks of home study prior to attending the first practical workshop. Throughout the duration of the course attendance at a total of three full weekends of practical workshops and theory exams is mandatory.
During the course you will be expected to work with a client for at least 8 weeks delivering their planned Personal Training Sessions. On completion of the home study and practical workshops you will be required to attend a practical assessment (usually during the last practical weekend) with your client.
Once enrolled on the course you will receive all the learning materials comprising of a full colour manual and access to the Active IQ e-learning portal to aid with home study. There will also be opportunities during the course to book onto e-learning revision sessions where you will be supported through your studies in the comfort of your own home by an experienced member of our team. All you will need is access to the internet.
The course involves a variety of assessments which will be undertaken either as home study or during attendance at the practical workshop/assessment weekends.
The course consists of the following assessments:
- 2 x Theory exams (anatomy and physiology/nutrition)
- Client interview and client analysis
- 8 week predictive training plan
- 2 x programme cards evaluation and 4 week modification summary
- Practical observation delivering a PT session to your client
Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress on to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage; where you will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training within the health-club environment or your own business. Alternatively, you may broaden your knowledge and skills by progressing onto qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 Standards, such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management.
The qualification will provide knowledge and practical skills to enhance provision alongside other academic courses such as: National Diploma in Sports Studies, A-Level PE and HND in Sport and Leisure.
You will need to enrol on the course at least four weeks prior to the start date to ensure sufficient time to complete your home study before attendance at the practical workshops.
- 5th October 2019 – 09:00-18:00
- 6th October 2019 – 09:00-18:00
- 16th November 2019 – 09:00-18:00
- 17th November 2019 – 09:00-18:00
- 7th December 2019 – 09:00-18:00
- 8th December 2019 – 09:00-18:00
- September 2019: 25th
- October 2019: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing. This course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved so you should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively.
The fee for this course is £800
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
Our Open Events are a chance for you to come and see what Coventry College is all about!
You’ll have the opportunity to talk to course tutors, have a go at some taster activities and explore our fantastic facilities.