Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid System Repair and Replacement
This course is specifically designed to cover all aspects of Hybrid/Electrically Propelled Technology. Covering the basic procedures of safety in handling High Voltage systems through to content that looks at in depth on how the Propulsion and Re-Generation system is controlled.
Along with the management of the Inverter power unit, a thorough understanding of Battery management and how information is used to maximize the efficiency of the system will be gained. Other subjects covered include High Voltage Air Conditioning compressors, DC-DC Converters, PTC Heater assemblies along with high pressure hydraulic braking systems and the management between conventional braking and regeneration braking balance. Suitable for Technicians carrying out repairs and replacement of Hybrid/Electrically Propelled HV components.
- Types of Hybrid/EV layouts
- Operational conditions
- Auto-Stop Systems
- Construction and function of Hybrid systems
- Handling Hybrid components and safety procedures
- Construction and function of Electrically propelled/Hybrid systems
- Safe Shut-down procedures and Methods of electrical measurement
- Construction and function of components Identification of Control units, components and motor assembly – Practical (Subject to hardware availability)
- Battery construction and operation
- Brushless Motor Construction and operation
- 3-Phase principles • Motor control • Electrical Regeneration
- Inverter Voltage rectification and regulation
Who should attend
- Automotive Technicians
- Senior/Diagnostic & Master Technicians
You will need to complete Level 2 Hybrid/Electrically Propelled Technology course.
Need careers advice?
We can help you get the advice and guidance you need. From choosing the right programme, developing your CV, further study options and career planning.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.