Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Lead Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. In addition, Lead Adult Care Workers have responsibility for providing supervision, frontline leadership, guidance and direction for others, or working autonomously, exercising judgement and accountability. As a Lead Adult Care Worker you will make a positive difference to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges. You will be expected to exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals to maintain their independence, dignity and control. By providing leadership, guidance and direction at the frontline of care delivery you will be instrumental in improving the health and wellbeing of those receiving care and support.
Subjects you may cover include:
- Supporting others to ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Supporting with social activities, monitoring health, assisting with mobility, eating and personal care
- Understanding the meaning of duty of care
- Ensuring that dignity is at the heart of all work with individuals and their support circles
- Identifying barriers of communication and determine how to overcome them
- Ensuring that diversity is respected and understanding the principles of inclusion and treating everyone fairly
- Understanding responsibilities for ensuring that confidentiality is adhered to at all times and information is kept safe
- Understanding how to support individuals and keeping them safe from harm and abuse
- Support individuals you are working with to develop a care plan
Maths and English GCSEs at a grade C/4 or equivalent
This qualification is suitable for individuals who have prior knowledge or experience of working within the care sector.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.