Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Plumbing and Heating
You will learn how to install, maintain and repair a range of complex plumbing installations, central heating boilers and systems and hot water systems.
This course supports the following job roles:
- Central Heating Systems Installer
- Boiler Service and Maintenance Engineer
- Hot Water System Installer
- Hot Water System and Maintenance Engineer
You will gain the following qualification:
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating
The qualification comprises of 5 mandatory units and 1 optional unit.
You must complete these units:
- Domestic cold water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Domestic hot water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Domestic central heating system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Electrical work on domestic plumbing and heating systems and components
- Domestic sanitation system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Tightness test, purge, commission and de-commission gas pipework up to 35mm 1/4 diameter in small natural gas installations
- Understand how to organise resources within BSE
- Install, commission and de-commission gas pipework up to 35mm 1/4 diameter in domestic and small commercial premises
- Specific core installation and maintenance
- Understand core gas safety principles for natural gas within domestic building services engineering
- Maintain gas water heating and wet central heating appliances
- Install domestic gas water heaters and wet central heating appliances
- Install, commission, service and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems
In addition to completing and achieving the knowledge based qualifications you will prepare a portfolio of evidence, attend the College one day per week and receive regular workplace assessments in order to assess competency and during the length of the course sit a number of exams including Functional Level 2 English and maths if you do not have grades 4 (C in the old grade structure).
Individual employers will set the selection criteria but typically, you will need grades 4 or above (C or above
in the old grade structure) in English and maths.
Length of study:
Henley & City
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
Our Open Events are a chance for you to come and see what Coventry College is all about!
You’ll have the opportunity to talk to course tutors, have a go at some taster activities and explore our fantastic facilities.