Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care is designed for those who are already employed within the social care industry and who want to advance their knowledge and skills.
Subjects you may cover include:
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Causes and spread of infection
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste-management
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability regarding sexuality and sexual health
- Understand how to support individuals with autistic spectrum conditions
- Understand physical disability
- Understand the impact of acquired brain injury on individuals
- Understand sensory loss
- Understand models of disability
- Understand and enable interaction and communication with individuals who have dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Gain access to the homes of individuals, deal with emergencies and ensure security on departure
- Undertake agreed pressure area care
At the end of the course, you will gain a Level 3 Diploma in health and social care BTEC Level 3 Certificate in preparing to work in adult social care. You can then progress onto a CMI Level 3 First Line Management course.
This course will require college attendance. You will receive regular workplace assessments in order to assess competency and you will sit a number of exams during the length of your programme.
You will be required to create a portfolio of evidence and to sit functional skill Level 2 Maths and English if you do not have grades C or above.
Grades D or above in maths and English.
Level 2 Health and Social Care.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.