Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Active IQ Personal Training
An Apprenticeship enables you to learn on the job and get paid while studying for a qualification. An apprentice has employed status. However, if they do not have a job then we will help them find one.
You will study:
Active IQ Level 3 in Personal Training
- Reflect on and develop your own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Understanding employment rights and responsibilities
- Understanding the employing organisation
- Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
- Functional Skills English and maths
Functional Skills are the practical skills in English, maths that enable confidence, effectiveness and independence both at work and in everyday life.
Assessments take place in the workplace with a portfolio of evidence of knowledge and competence in performing a range of tasks built up over a period of several months.
You can progress to Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy.
Minimum GCSE grade 4 (C) in maths & English or Level 2 Functional skills in Literacy & Numeracy. Successful interview and possible voluntary placement with host organisation.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.