Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship
As a level 2 Production Chef Apprentice you will be working as part of a team in an often challenging kitchen environments for example; schools, hospitals, care homes, casual dining restaurants or pub kitchens. You will be typically reporting to the senior production chef or line manager. You will produce food in high volumes, and will be following standardised recipes and menus. You will have high methodical organisation skills, attention to detail and an understanding of sustainability and caring for the environment.
Subjects you may cover:
• Maintaining excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
• Following compliance to procedures, menus specifications and recipes
• Portion control and budgetary constraints
• Adapting dishes to meet dietary requirements, religious and allergenic requirements
• Ability to use specialist kitchen equipment
• Communicating with customers, and colleagues
• Checking fresh, frozen and ambient foods are fit for purpose
• Following setting up and closing down procedures
• Understanding allergens and the legal requirements following them
• Understanding the importance of following legislation and completing legal documents
• Understanding waste control
GCSEs in Maths and English at a Grade C/4 and above or equivalent
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.