Level 2 NCFE CACHE 2 Certificate in Learning Disabilities
This course is suitable for workers in any environment where there is contact with individuals with learning disabilities including schools, nurseries, care homes, residential and health care settings.
This course consists of 6 mandatory units:
- Understand the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
- Principles of Positive Risk-taking for Individuals with Disabilities
- Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
3 contact sessions within college environment, or within work setting, if employer enrols at least 8 learners
An expected study time of 4-5 hours per week (approximately 60 hours) of self-study. The course is assessed by workbook completion within a set timeframe
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
17 January 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.