Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry
You’ll learn how to carry out carpentry maintenance, set-up and operate a circular saw, carry out first fix flooring and roofing, frames, partitions and stairs and second fixing operations.
This course supports the following job roles:
You will gain the following qualification:
- NVQ Level 2 Site Carpentry
This qualification comprises of a total of 62 credits. 10 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units and a minimum of 52 credits from the optional units available.
You must complete these units:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
You may also complete:
- Erecting structural carcassing components in the workplace
- Installing first fixing components in the workplace
- Installing second fixing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry work in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
In addition to completing and achieving the knowledge based qualifications you will prepare a portfolio of evidence attend the College one day per week and receive regular workplace visits in order to assess competency and a final end point assessments, you will sit a number of exams including Functional Level 1 English and maths if you do not have grades 4 (C in the old grade structure).
Individual employers will set the selection criteria but typically, you will need grades 3 or above (D or above in the old grade structure) in English and maths.
Length of study:
Henley & City
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.