Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Property Maintenance Operative
The Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative qualification is ideal for those who want to gain experience in more than one construction trade or who works in an occupation that requires general knowledge.
This course supports the following job roles:
- Maintenance Assistant
- Property Engineer
- Facilities Assistant
- Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Technician
- Multi-Skilled Technician
- Premises Manager
You will gain the following qualification:
- NVQ Level 2 Property Maintenance
This qualification comprises of completing all mandatory units and either one or both of elective units.
You must complete these units:
- Understanding the roles, responsibilities and reporting procedures of a property maintenance operative
- Health and safety in property maintenance
- Apply customer services in property maintenance
- Carry out painting and tiling tasks
- Plan and carry out preventative property maintenance
- Carry out plumbing maintenance and repairs
- Carry out electrical testing and repairs
- Understanding and maintain heating ventilation and air conditioning plant
- Internal and external building fabric maintenance
- Understand energy, environment and sustainable practices within property maintenance
- Control of property maintenance related resources and equipment
- Working with external contractors
You may also complete one or both of the following:
- Security and access systems in property maintenance
- Accessibility and inclusion in property maintenance
In addition to completing and achieving the knowledge based qualifications you will prepare a portfolio of evidence, attend the College one day per week and receive regular workplace visits in order to assess competency and a final end point assessments, you will sit a number of exams including Functional Level 1 English and maths if you do not have grades 4 (C in the old grade structure).
Individual employers will set the selection criteria but typically, you will need grades 3 or above (D or above in the old grade structure) in English and maths.
Length of study:
Henley & City
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
Our Open Events are a chance for you to come and see what Coventry College is all about!
You’ll have the opportunity to talk to course tutors, have a go at some taster activities and explore our fantastic facilities.