Level 2 Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship
As a Level 2 Painting and Decorating Apprentice you will be operating In commercial and domestic properties undertaking tasks around the decoration and protection of buildings. You will be working in a variety of environments such as houses, schools, offices, hospitals, and construction sites. You will be working both internally and externally. Working with a range of water or solvent based paints and wall coverings you will have an excellent knowledge, understand and comply with statutory safety and environmental requirements.
Subjects you may cover:
• Understanding the purpose of a range of equipment and tools
• Understand safe and efficient methods of use, maintenance, movement, protection and storage of materials and equipment.
• Understand how to safely work at height including the safe use of platforms and step ladders and scaffoldings.
• Able to prepare the work area safely providing dust sheets and protection to furniture and adjacent surfaces.
• Able to identify and respond to customers’ needs by using appropriate listening and questioning techniques and having a knowledge of paint specification and colouration
• Able to identify different building structures e.g. steel frame, reinforced concrete frame, traditional solid wall and cavity wall, block and dry lined which determine the appropriate paint products and specifications.
• Able to advise clients about different colour choices
GCSE maths and English at a grade C/4 or above, or equivalent
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.