Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care is designed for those who are newly employed within the social care industry and who want to advance their knowledge and skills.
Subjects you may cover include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
At the end of the course, you will gain a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2 Certificate in preparing to work in adult social care. You can then progress onto Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Certificate in preparing to work in adult social care.
This course will require college attendance. You will receive regular workplace assessments in order to assess competency and you will sit a number of exams during the length of your programme.
You will be required to create a portfolio of evidence and to sit functional skill Level 1 Maths and English if you do not have grades C or above.
Grades D’s or above in Maths and English
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.