Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Early Years
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is designed for those who are newly employed with Primary level education.
Subjects you may cover include:
- Schools and organisations
- Contribute to supporting bilingual learners
- Invigilate tests and examinations
- Prepare and maintain learning environments
- Support assessment for learning
- Support children and young people at meal or snack time
- Support children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs
- Support children and young people’s travel outside of the setting
- Support extra-curricular activities
- Support the use of information and communication technology for teaching and learning
- Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Provide support for therapy sessions
At the end of the course, you will gain a NCFE CACHE Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools qualification. You can then progress onto NCFE CACHE Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools.
This course will require college attendance. You will receive regular workplace assessments in order to assess competency and you will sit a number of exams during the length of your programme. You will be required to create a portfolio of evidence and to sit functional skill Level 1 Maths and English if you do not have grades C or above.
Grades D or above in Maths and English
Length of study: 1 year
Start month: Anytime
Study campus: Coventry College
Course level: Level 2
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
17 January 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.