Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
If you are interested in becoming a Bricklayer, then a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Bricklaying may just be the course of learning for you.
You’ll learn how to interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures, producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding, build solid walling, isolated and attached piers and construct cavity walling forming masonry structures.
This course supports the following job roles:
- General Builder
You will gain the following qualification:
- NVQ Level 2 Bricklaying
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace. The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Brickwork provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in Brick to demonstrate their competence. The qualification comprises of 5 mandatory units and 1 optional unit.
You must complete these units:
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
- Setting out masonry structures in the workplace
- Conforming to general health and safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
You may also complete:
- Erecting masonry cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structure in the workplace
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete in the workplace
- Maintaining slate and tile roofing in the workplace
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structure in the workplace
- Installing drainage in the workplace
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes in the workplace
- Producing external solid render finishes in the workplace
In addition to completing and achieving the knowledge based qualifications you will prepare a portfolio
of evidence, attend College one day per week and receive regular workplace assessments in order
to assess competency and sit a Functional Level 1 English and maths if you do not have grade 4 (C in the old grade structure).
Individual employers will set the selection criteria but typically, you will need grades 3 or above (D or above in the old grade structure) in English and maths.
Length of study: 2 years
Start month: Anytime
Study campus: Coventry College
Course level: Level 2
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
17 January 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.