Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
An Apprenticeship enables you to learn on the job and get paid while studying for a qualification. An Apprentice has employed status. However, if you do not have a job then we will help you find one.
You will study:
- Supporting the work of the team and organisation
- Prepare for activity sessions
- Lead activity sessions
- Conclude and review activity sessions
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
And 2 optional units to be chosen upon start of course
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate In Leading Health-Related Activity
- Sessions promoting healthy lifestyles and physical activity
- Planning an activity session
- Delivering an activity session
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Understanding employment rights and responsibilities
- Understanding the employing organisation
- Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
- Functional skills English and maths – Functional Skills are the practical skills in English, maths that enable confidence, effectiveness and independence both at work and in everyday life.
Assessments take place in the workplace with a portfolio of evidence of knowledge and competence in performing a range of tasks built up over a period of several months.
You can progress to a Level 3 in Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport or a Diploma in Leisure Management.
Minimum GCSE Grade 2 (E) in maths & English or Level 1 Functional skills in Literacy & Numeracy. Successful interview and possible voluntary placement with host organisation.
Length of study: 14 Weeks
Start month: Anytime
Study campus: Coventry College
Course level: Level 2
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or to ask a question, please contact us
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
College open event
17 January 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.