Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship
As a level 2 hospitality team member you could be working within a variety of establishments such as bars, restaurants, cafes, conference centres and hotels. Hospitality team members specialise in areas you will be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during busy periods. Specialist areas in hospitality include food and beverage service, serving alcoholic beverages, barista, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations and conference and banqueting. in this role you will be developing exceptional hospitality skills and knowledge such as recognising the needs of a customer.
Subjects you may cover:
• Recognise customer profiles in hospitality and how customers have different needs
• Understand the importance of meeting, and where possible, exceeding customer expectations in line with the business / brand standards
• Deliver excellent customer service in line with the business / brand standards with the aim of exceeding customer expectations
• Understand the importance of receiving and dealing with customer feedback to support the improvement of products and services and provide value for money
• Know the business vision and values, its main competitors, how it fits into the wider hospitality industry and how own area of work contributes to achieving business targets
• Know how own role can minimise unnecessary financial loss to the business
• Carefully handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss
• Check that customers are satisfied with products and services and act on feedback in line with business procedures
• Clearly communicate relevant and useful information on products and services based on a clear understanding of customers’ needs
• Understand how the use of technology can enhance customer service and productivity in hospitality businesses
GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C/4 or equivalent
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.