Level 2 Diploma in Motorsport, Maintenance & Repair
This Motorsport Maintenance and Repair Level 2 is a vocationally related qualification (VRQ) fundamentally aimed at enthusiastic young people aged 16 years old plus, who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of the requirements of an automotive technician within the motorsport, performance road cars and/or retail motor industries.
The qualification includes:
- The Understanding of Materials
- Tools & Measuring
Also, the following area of knowledge of motorsport:
- Event Regulations
- Engine Mechanical, Lubrication & Cooling System Units & Components
- Fuel, Ignition, Air and Exhaust System Units & Components
- Inspection of a Vehicle During Competition
- Removal and Replacement of Chassis Units and Components
- Removal and Replacement of Electrical Units and Components
- Removal and Replacement of Transmissions, Driveline Units and Components
Learners also have the opportunity to gain additional knowledge of:
- Electrically Propelled Vehicle Hazard Management
- Routine Maintenance and Repair Activities on Electrically Propelled Vehicles
- Electrically Propelled Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
- Inspection, Repair and Replacement of High Performance Light Vehicle Tyres
- Inspection, Repair and Replacement of Motorcycle Tyres
- An Introduction to Low Carbon Technologies in the Automotive Industry
Successful learners will also demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working within the motorsport environment.
A minimum of a grade 4 English & Math`s
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.