Level 2 Certificate in Sport
If you have a keen interest in sport, the course will be suitable for who wish to pursue a career as a sports coach, outdoor activity leader, gym instructor, leisure assistant, PE teacher or a sports therapist.
You will study the following units using a range of practical and theory sessions:
- Fitness Testing – assess fitness levels and develop training programmes
- Practical Sport – enhance your skills and knowledge in a range of sporting activities (traditional sports or outdoor activities)
- Anatomy and Physiology – looking at the structure and functions of the body’s systems
- Injury in Sport – be able to deal with injuries and illnesses associated with sports participation
- Exercise and fitness instruction – developing the skills of a gym instructor
- Planning and leading sports activities – sports coaching
Leading outdoor and adventurous activities – planning and instructing practical outdoor pursuit sessions
You will be assessed by a variety of coursework assignments to include; presentations, case studies, formal reports, laboratory reports and other practical activities and exams.
You can progress onto the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport. Alternatively, you may seek full-time employment in an associated sport and leisure organisation or join the apprenticeship scheme.
Four GCSEs grade 3-1 (D-G) with a 3 (D) in English or maths and/or a Level 1 in a vocationally relevant subject and a positive year 11 academic reference.
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.