Level 2 CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance)
You will be studying:
- CCTV system operation
- Dealing with incidents and knowledge of procedures
- Surveillance techniques
- Health & safety and emergency procedures
- Security industry legislation
- Customer care
The Level 2 CCTV Operator award is both classroom and practical based. There are two multiple choice examinations and a practical assessment.
Assessment Requirements – To achieve each outcome an operator must demonstrate the ability to:
- Define the aims and objectives of the CCTV system
- Identify the different members of the control room their roles, duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate a clear and detailed understanding of the purpose of the CCTV operators job, their duties and responsibilities
There are no entry requirements although in order to work as a CCTV operator you must apply to the SIA for an appropriate licence.
The fee for this course is £180
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.