Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship
As a level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprentice you will be carrying out skilled work using primarily timber products on a construction site or a workshop. You will be preparing and fixing building components from the initial erection of a new building through to the installation of fixtures and fittings as well as carrying out a variety of repair and maintenance activities.
Subjects you may cover include:
• Work safely and be aware of key health, safety and welfare issues.
• Interpret and follow verbal and written work instructions from trade supervisors and site managers
• Move, handle and store resources, such as materials and timber components, complying with relevant legislation & guidance.
• Understand how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage of resources.
• Understand the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with timber and timber-based products and components, such as hardwood, softwood, MDF and other materials.
• Carry out a range of job tasks including measuring, marking out, fitting, cutting, splicing, finishing, positioning and securing
• Install doors, ironmongery, service encasements, wall and floor units and fitments, cladding and staircase components.
• Install door and window frames, door and hatch linings, floor joist coverings, straight partitions and straight staircases
• Use, maintain and store hand tools, power tools and associated equipment.
GCSE Maths and English at a grade 4/C and above.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.