Level 1 Essential Digital Skills for Work and Life
The course focuses on providing you with important digital skills including digital mobility, accessing government services, online transactions and exploring technologies to improve your social interactions with family and friends. It will also provide you with further opportunities to progress in work and further study.
It is suitable if you:
- Have some experience of using digital devices and the internet but lack secure basic digital skills
- Require skills to apply for government funding and manage finances
- Need digital skills to progress in work or further study
- Require digital skills to communicate with family, friends, colleagues and peers who are at a distance.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- Be confident in interacting with digital devices
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of essential digital skills and be able to apply them in work, life and further study
- Be able to solve common technical problems
- Be able to create, edit and store digital media
- Be able to successfully share content and communicate effectively using a digital device
- Manage online accounts and make informed choices when transacting online
- Be proficient in maintaining privacy online and protect personal information
This assessment comprises of 2 distinct methods:
- Practical Assessment delivered through html
- Multiple choice questions delivered on a secure platform
The marks from the practical assessments and the online knowledge test will be awarded as a final accumulative mark as either pass or did not achieve.
This qualification offers progression onto:
- Ascentis Level 2 Certificate in Digital Skills for Business
- Ascentis Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Computing
This qualification is suitable for adult learners aged 19+.
A good level of English is required.
This course is FREE to eligible West Midland Combined Authority residents
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.