Level 1 Diploma in Plastering
This is a hands on and theoretical course where you will learn the basic skills to prepare you for career as a plasterer. The course will consist of both practical and theoretical assessments. It allows candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Plastering. You can progress to Level 2 Diploma in Plastering or an apprenticeship in plastering.
It covers the following skills:
- Prepare background surfaces and mix plastering materials
- Applying scratch coats to internal backgrounds
- Fixing sheet materials
- Applying floating coats to wall
- Applying setting coats to wall
The course is a study programme that consists of
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade 4 (C in the old grading structure) or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
- Practical skills assessment
- Grade 3 or equivalent in English and maths
Free for 16-18 and for 19-23 who have not achieved a full Level 1 qualification
For all others course fee £994, Exam fee £98
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.