Level 1 Construction Skills
This BTEC Construction Skills will:
- inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the construction sector
- give learners the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of and develop skills in the construction industry
- support progression to a more specialised vocational or academic construction course or an apprenticeship
- give learners the potential opportunity, in due course, to enter employment within a wide range of junior job roles across the construction industry
You will study:
- Introduction to Construction Work
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Handling and Storing Materials and Components
- Personal WorkSkills
- Optional Practical Craft Unit – choosing from Bricklaying, Carpentry and Joinery, Painting and Decorating, Electrical, multiskills and Plastering
You will be assessed internally by building a portfolio and externally assessed practical tasks completed under supervised conditions.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (or D in the old grade structure) is needed for this course.
All applicants need to be successful at interview.
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.