Level 1 Construction Skills
This BTEC Construction Skills will:
- inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the construction sector
- give learners the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of and develop skills in the construction industry
- support progression to a more specialised vocational or academic construction course or an apprenticeship
- give learners the potential opportunity, in due course, to enter employment within a wide range of junior job roles across the construction industry
- Introduction to Construction Work
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Handling and Storing Materials and Components
- Personal WorkSkills
- Optional Practical Craft Unit – choosing from Bricklaying, Carpentry and Joinery, Painting and Decorating, Electrical, multiskills and Plastering
You will be assessed internally by building a portfolio and externally assessed practical tasks completed under supervised conditions.
This course is a Study Programme which consists of
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade 4 (C in the old grading structure) or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
A minimum of Level 1 in Functional Skills in English is needed for this course.
All applicants need to be successful at interview.
A suitable reference is also required.
This course is free for 16-18yrs; for 19-23yrs, course is free if you have not achieved a full Level 2 qualification.
For all other students fees apply:
Course fee £994; Exam Fee TBC
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.