FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
You will gain insight into the game in England, how it is played and how you can coach to better support the development of future players.
The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning, face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via three eLearning modules hosted on The FA Learning Management System (LMS). The eLearning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
- be at least 16 years of age
- be working with a football team
Workshop 1 & 2 – Build a Practice
- Qualities of a coach
- What is a game (rules and scoring system)
- The game in England
- Build a practice ‘for your players’
Workshop 3 & 4 – Develop a Practice
- Review of Block 1
- England DNA (in possession, out of possession and transition)
- Technical components of the game
- Principles of play
- Develop a practice ‘for your players’
Workshop 5, 6 & 7 – Extend a Practice
- Review of Block 2
- FA 4 Corner Long-term Player Development Model
- Differentiation – supporting individuals
- Extend the practice ‘for your players’
- Linking practice to match day
- Managing self, parents, players and the game on match day
- Course review
Additional workshops – FA Safeguarding Children Workshop & FA Level 1 Intro to First Aid in Football
Participants will undertake the FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and the FA Level 1 Intro to First Aid in Football (IFAiF).
- Monday 28th January 2019 17:30-21:00
- Monday 4th February 2019 17:30-21:00
- Thursday 7th February 2019 18:00-20:00 (Safeguarding)
- Monday 11th February 2019 17:30-21:00
- Monday 25th February 2019 17:30-21:00
- Thursday 28th February 2019 18:00-21:00 (First Aid)
- Monday 4th March 2019 17:30-21:00
- Monday 11th March 2019 17:30-21:00
- Monday 18th March 2019 17:30-21:00
The fee for this course is £165
Making your application
We will check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you’ll receive an invitation via email to attend an interview with a Curriculum Tutor.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
College open event
19th June 2019 17:00 - 19:30
Our open events are a great opportunity for you and your parents/guardians to see our amazing facilities,
and chat to staff and students about particular courses and college life in general.