Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Strength & Conditioning
This qualification provides adult learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review strength and conditioning programmes that will help athletes to achieve their performance goals.
During the qualification learners will cover the following;
- The role of a strength and conditioning coach as part of an athlete’s support team.
- Methods of carrying out performance-related needs analysis, measurements and assessments.
- Strategies to analyse and evaluate assessment findings in order to be able to develop and agree short, medium and long-term performance goals.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating periodised, performance-related strength and conditioning programmes.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Higher Education (e.g. college or university) to study strength and conditioning at a higher level.
- A range of specialist strength and conditioning qualifications.
- Other level 4 and 5 qualifications in related sectors.
Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent), a Level 3 Coaching qualification (or equivalent) or a Level 3 Strength and Conditioning qualification (or equivalent).
Learners may also hold relevant Higher Education or Further Education qualifications that are equivalent to or higher than those listed above (e.g. physiotherapy, sports therapy).
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 3.
Need help choosing the right career path? You’ll be given a series of activities related to a work environment. Your job is to slide the scale to the left or right depending on how much you like or dislike the given activity. You will receive recommendations based on your selections.
Fees and funding
If you are aged 16-18 and applying for a full-time programme, then you will not have to pay for your course. If you are aged 19+ then there may be a fee for your course.
From entry-level qualifications, through to degree-level and specialist professional courses there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers. Expect a vibrant environment where you can meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.