A future without qualifications and/or skills is becoming an increasingly difficult one. Coventry College is here to give the people of Coventry the support, information, training, skills and knowledge to help them progress in their careers and realise ambitions.
Pride in the college, pride in the city
Coventry College was formed in August 2017 as the sole General Further Education provider in the city, delivering vocational, technical and professional education and training to learners of all ages, from Entry Level to Higher Education.
Our vision is to provide exceptional education and training that impacts by:
- Transforming lives
- Enhancing business
- Enabling communities
Learning for all stages and all ages
From entry-level qualifications through to degree-level and specialist professional courses, there’s something here for students with little or no formal education right up to career high-flyers.
Our mission is to provide exceptional education, skills and training to meet the needs of individuals, business and communities. We will achieve this by creating:
- A curriculum that anticipates and meets the needs of learners and employers.
- A strong apprenticeship provision in line with government ambitions and local need
- A first-class education and training experience enabling progression into employment or higher levels of training and education.
- Strong, productive partnership-working to deliver positive outcomes for local stakeholders.
- A safe and inclusive culture of mutual respect and fairness, which celebrates and values diversity.
- High quality information, advice & guidance that supports personal and professional goals.
- Financial resilience that generates capacity for investment in the student experience and new services.
- Strong bonds with the communities we serve.
Our city centre campus was completed in 2008 and is made up of two buildings – North and South – which have multiple floors and house various programmes. Learners will generally be based in one of these two buildings depending on what programme they study, although they’re able to make use of the facilities in both buildings.
The campus is located in the heart of Coventry city centre, easily accessible by local bus routes and only a short walk into the main shopping area with plenty of places to eat.
There’s a canteen in the South building where learners can get hot food at brilliant prices, vending machine snacks and even a Starbucks coffee.
We also have a Costa Coffee in the atrium of the North building, where learners can buy hot and cold drinks, snacks and hot food. There’s also plenty of seating space to relax with friends before classes start.
A few floors up is the social centre, which offers activities such as pool and table tennis, along with places to relax and listen to music. In the social centre, you’ll also find some of our Learner Experience team who are there to ensure learners have a positive time at college, as well as plan trips and activities for learners to enjoy.
The campus buildings house fantastic facilities, from outdoor construction areas to media and recording centres, dance studios and IT suites. Salon Fifty is the College’s hair and beauty salon, which is open to the public and where learners gain real-life experience.
The Learning Hub is located in the South building. Here learners can use a computer to complete programme work or borrow books to help with research and assignments.
Learner Services are also based in the South building – if learners ever need any help, guidance, support or have any questions that need answering, this is the place to go.