An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is designed for those who are newly employed with Primary level education.
Subjects you may cover include:
• Schools and organisations
• Contribute to supporting bilingual learners
• Invigilate tests and examinations
• Prepare and maintain learning environments
• Support assessment for learning
• Support children and young people at meal or snack time
• Support children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs
• Support children and young people’s travel outside of the setting
• Support extra-curricular activities
• Support the use of information and communication technology for teaching and learning
• Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
• Provide support for therapy sessions
At the end of the course, you will gain a NCFE CACHE Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools qualification. You can then progress onto NCFE CACHE Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools.
This course will require college attendance. You will receive regular workplace assessments in order to assess competency and you will sit a number of exams during the length of your programme. You will be required to create a portfolio of evidence and to sit functional skill Level 1 Maths and English if you do not have grades C or above.
For a list of our latest Apprenticeship vacancies please visit here.
Grading for GCSE English language, English literature and maths is changing from 2017, with other subjects following suit from 2018. Click here for more information.